Monday 12 May 2014

Study of Muscles

From looking at Frazetta's muscles, I wanted to develop the same amount of defined muscles he has tried to use within his work.

First, I gathered secondary images from the internet of sketches of the torso and arm muscles. I then used my own technique of giving the same sketch a more defined and toned look to their muscles. Most of the bodies that I made make it look like the body has barely any body fat which is why the muscles look so defined, but one of them has a larger amount of body fat were you can barely see the muscles since there is a lot of fat covering it. Depending on the type of character I would make would depend on the body type I will use.


These body types can be included on  a barbarian which will always be in combat who has to hold an extremely heavy two handed sword / two one handed swords.















This body type can be seen on a typical Knight who is wearing light chain mail. The realistic body type can be seen on a knight who is rather athletic but may not have defined abs.







No comments:

Post a Comment