Tuesday 13 May 2014

Barbarian with armour and weapon

I  have started to draw the outline of the body of the barbarian by looking at the posture of the model above. I wanted him to pretend to have his leg on a rock with his axe on his back. This idea was influenced by Frank Frazetta's quote in an interview

 "Frazetta has the extraordinary ability to guide the viewer’s eye by focusing and unfocusing on chosen elements within a composition. This technique creates a picture plane which mimics the focal capabilities of the human eye."


With the axe on his back, it is slightly blurred to give it that sense of uniqueness and influence from frazzetta.

With this sketch of my barbarian, I thought the barbarians muscles look rather minuscule since i was trying to exaggerate muscles that an average man cannot have. The barbarian would look more aggressive and fierce if I gave him armour.

Wit

With this image he looked much more masculine. The pose that I got from my model really captures the muscles (especially the biceps).  This is a really good pose for a barbarian but I may try out different poses with armour and weapons to see if that would effect the look of the barbarian in any way.

Here is the last picture I used to capture a barbarian. The folded swords will give a fierce look and will also make the muscles appear larger since they are pressing against the side of the barbarian ( the lats)

I have added armour to the barbarian making him appear larger, In my final piece I forced his arms together and placed two swords in his hands. This will be shown in the expedition.





No comments:

Post a Comment